Welcome to our latest feature, our Ask The Doc foot health column by foot expert, Pam Haig, Board Certified Pedorthist, and consulting physicians. The first three blogs have consulted podiatrist Dr. Patrick DeHeer for his expertise. These Therafit approved experts will answer your foot health questions!
Meet The Experts!
Pam, a Board Certified Pedorthist, has over 40 years of clinical and manufacturing pedorthic experience. She is the visionary founder of The Robert M. Palmer, M.D., Institute Of Biomechanics, Inc., a not-for-profit pedorthic biomechanics school. Highlights of her esteemed career include:
- serving on the Oklahoma State University Health and Environmental Technology Advisory Board 1996 (Chairman in 2004) and lecturing at the IU School of Medicine, residency training department, as an adjunct faculty member of Ball State University, Anderson University, at the 2005, 2012 and 2015 PFA National Symposium (opening pedorthic speaker for the APMA / PFA Annual Scientific Symposium) and internationally on Advanced Posting Techniques For Complex Foot And Ankle Deformities,
- leading an international pediatric campaign with an emphasis on pediatric education and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries, obesity and juvenile diabetes,
- devoting her time to clinical applications of pedorthic biomechanics as well as sharing her expertise as a corporate educator.
Dr. DeHeer is Board Certified in both foot surgery, and foot and ankle reconstructive surgery. He is a leader in the field of podiatry with years of experience treating the full spectrum of foot and ankle ailments. Dr. DeHeer:
- serves on the editoral board of Podiatry Today and a frequent contributor to podiatric journals,
- is Double Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, is a Diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery,
- is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons,
- was honored with the 2011 Humanitarian Award from the American Podiatric Medical Association for his multiple medical mission trips to countries such as: Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Ukraine, and Trinidad.
Dr Emily Splichal, has been at the forefront of women's foot health, foot fitness and posture training. Dr Splichal and her Catwalk Confidence & Stiletto Recovery program have been featured on The Today Show, Oprah Winfrey Show, The Doctors, Good Day NY and The Dr Steve Show, to name a few.
Dr Splichal is also Founder and CEO of the Evidence Based Fitness Academy (EBFA), a continuing education institute which provides scientific and research-based education to health and fitness professionals. Dr Splichal has lectured both nationally and internationally.
Fitness Certifications: NASM - Corrective Exercise Specialist; NASM - Performance Enhancement Specialist; NSCA - Certified Personal Trainer; Johnny G Spin Instructor; AFAA - Group Fitness Instructor; Paul Chek - Scientific Core Conditioning Professional Memberships: American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine; American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine; American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine; Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society